Wednesday 4 June 2014

Meet the Team: Nicky

Hi everyone, my name is Nicky.


Having recently graduated, I really wanted to do something creative. As an editor of my University paper, I was really interested in independent ventures. I knew how important it was to give independents a voice, something that might otherwise be lost next to huge multi-national businesses that don’t leave much space for the little guys.


Kitchen Table Projects really interested me because I’m mad about indies and I’m mad about food. I’m a massive foodie - I love Mexican if I’m eating out and I’m a bit of a dab hand at meatballs if I’m cooking at home. When I’m not busy cooking it, eating it or sharing it, I love writing about it too. I’m also bit of a nerd… On a lazy Sunday afternoon, you’ll probably find me curled up on a sofa with a cup of tea and a good book or walking around the National Gallery. I love to travel, next on my list are Australia, China and Japan – but I’m just as happy with a weekend away in Cornwall too.

So that’s pretty much me! I’m really looking forward to properly sinking my teeth (if you’ll excuse the food pun) into everything – I’ll be in charge of the Kitchen Table Project blog, so watch this space!

Fun Fact: When I was 9 I won a Blue Peter competition by drawing a picture of the queen for her Jubilee- and I got to meet Quentin Blake!

No comments:

Post a Comment